Saturday, January 12, 2013

GOD CONTENDS FOR YOU: Psalm 35:1-3

"Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
     fight against those who fight against me. 
 Take up shield and buckler;
     arise and come to my aid.
 Brandish spear and javelin
     against those who pursue me.
 Say to my soul,
     "I am your salvation."" 
 Psalm 35:1-3

Have you ever felt like everyone was against you? I have. Sometimes it just seems like no matter what you do, someone is trying to take a shot at you. If you don't find trouble, it will find you. Well, if your seeking God that will happen. But, the battle is not yours, it's God's. 

That is why David called upon God. He realized that the bottom line in all of life is that it's all about spiritual warfare. Life was not his battle it was God's. We need to come to that place where we realize, since our lives are not our own, the battles in our lives are God's battles because we are his. God contends for us.

Father, we are your children. The battles in our lives belong to you. Contend for us against those who contend against us. Arise to our aid. Be our salvation today! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment