Saturday, January 19, 2013

HOW LONG? STAND STRONG!: Psalm 35:17-18

"O LORD, how long will you look on?
     Rescue my life from their ravages,
     my precious life from these lions.
 I will give you thanks in the great assembly;
     among throngs of people I will praise you." 
          Psalm 35:17-18 

OK, let's be real here. Sometimes we just don't understand God's timing. His time is not our time. Sometimes we just we just can't figure out why God doesn't just blast some people. 

I'll be honest. I can't see the end from the beginning. I can't predict the future. I can't tell if another person's heart is sincere or not. I may feel slighted when someone accidentally steps on my toes. And in all reality, some people are out to get everyone else. There are some evil people out there. 

But God, is not just about our comfort. God is shaping us into the image of Christ and that is not always comfortable. It may even be painful and heartbreaking. But God is still God and he will always be Sovereign over all. He is faithful and will complete the work he began in us. So, we call on him.

One last truth. David ends with a declaration. Sort of staking his claim on the work of God in his life. He says, "I will give you thanks." There is no ifs. Just I will. Sometimes maybe we just need  to state the truth. 

I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you. 

Father, rescue our lives. We will give thanks in the great assembly. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment