Saturday, May 16, 2015

What You Really Crave

 How lovely is your dwelling place,
   Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
   for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out 
   for the living God.
Psalms 84:1-2 NIV

Every afternoon I get a little hungry and I usually eat some snack. Recently, I started to try to eat more fruit. So, instead of chips or something I been eating apples, melons, and pineapples in the afternoon. I've noticed that I have had a bit more energy and lost over five pounds. 

Here's the lesson: even though I kinda want something that tastes strong, what my body really craves is fruit. Spiritually, we may crave a lot of things, but what we really need is the Lord. We may want someones attention when we really need to be in God's presence. We make seek to do things that are exciting and exotic but, if we are not doing it with the Lord, it's just an effort to fulfill some inner need with an adrenaline rush. What we really need is to be in the presence of the Lord. Once we learn to find our fulfillment in Christ we will truly enjoy whatever else God places before us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment