Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Do Good, Reap Good

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at
the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Galatians 6:7-10 NIV

Sometimes we do good, try to be giving and loving and all that comes back is negativity, selfishness and criticism. That's life in a world of people who live for themselves. And even as Christians we, at times, live according to the sinful nature too. No condemnation, just telling it like it is. Be patient, as God is patient with you. The way I look at it is that if God wasn't patient with me, I'd be dead.

I have seen that in some of my relationships that I have been in for a while, reaping comes after A LOT of sowing. Most of the time it is a the less I say but the more I do (serving, forgiving, honoring, encouraging, confronting while leaving them a way out, forgiving) process. Reaping can be quick and it can take time, but, God will bring a harvest of righteousness. What helps me is to remember how God continues to sow forgiveness, grace and mercy in me.

Keep on doing good, it is up to God to bring the harvest and he will at his appointed time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment