Friday, May 15, 2015

I Now Live

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
Galatians 2:20 NIV

I now live... I live by faith. I live by faith in the love of Christ who gave himself for me. 

Paul, in effect, is telling us, by his example, to live as crucified men and women who are alive in Christ. I take that as my flesh, my sinful nature is crucified with Christ but my spiritual nature is alive with Christ. This is so deep I know I can't do it justice, but, I can remember that as I approach this day I approach it from not just the cross, where my sins are forgiven, but also from the empty tomb where I am resurrected to a new life in Christ. I live by faith in this body until I am made fully new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment