Monday, May 11, 2015

Boast in God's Faithfulness

If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 
2 Corinthians 11:30 NIV

Why? Because for Paul it was all about glorifying God, not himself. He wanted to show God's greatness and  God's faithfulness, not his own. 

Almost seven years ago I got bumped back from an administrative position. I did well but cutbacks pushed some of us out. Getting back in has proved to be difficult. But, several times I have had opportunities to share Christ that I probably would not have had as an administrator. Also, I recently discovered some practices that have been going on that I would not have been able, ethically, to do. I think God knew that. But, it's not about me being highly ethical, it's about God keeping me from a situation where I would be forced to be unethical or step down. 

The lesson to be learned is that in all things we seek God's glory, not our own. Our weaknesses are not problems to God. He will be great. He will be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment