Thursday, May 7, 2015

Perfecting Your Holiness, Reverence is the Bottom Line

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
2 Corinthians 7:1 NIV

Most importantly, in Christ we are holy and righteous. At the same time, we are being made holy and righteous in Christ. Our faith is being perfected. This does not happen without our participation. We choose what encounters not just our bodies, but our lives and our spirit as well.

We make choices about what we allow to ferment in our hearts and minds. Many images and ideas get put before us everyday. But, we must choose what we will dwell on and interact with. 

The bottom line is reverence for God. If I have reverence for God, there is things I won't do and things I will do. I won't use someone for my own person gain or pleasure, but I will serve others in the Name of Jesus Christ. For me reverence for God is a mixture of fear and respect, humility and gratefulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment