Tuesday, May 12, 2015

His Grace is Always Enough

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 
2 Corinthians 12:8-9 NIV

They used to say that if you called Rolls Royce and asked them the horsepower of their engines they would simply say, "Sufficient." No matter who you were, the answer was always same, "Sufficient." No matter what you were going to do with the car, it power and horsepower was sufficient. 

For Paul, it was not just that God would forgive him but that God would empower him to fight the good fight and withstand the constant thorn in the flesh that he battled. In a way, we don't fully see God's power until we understand our weakness and insufficiency. 

Like Paul, we can boast that in our weaknesses Christ's power rests on us. We may wonder if we can make it, if we can stand strong in him. The Lord's answer is always the same, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment