Saturday, September 28, 2013

GOT TROUBLES?

"I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
     I will praise your name, O LORD
     for it is good.
 For he has delivered me from all my troubles,
     and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes."
 Psalm 54:6-7

I think there are few types of troubles. 
  • You can have the "that's just life" troubles. Things like the tires on your car wear down, the three-millionth flush is apparently the most you toilet can flush, your daughter needs braces and her dentist needs a new Porsche. Just life.   
  • Then there are the "well, you asked for it" troubles. You choose to say it, do it or avoid it and the consequences are you have to pay the price.  
  • Maybe you've experienced the "what mine is thine and thine is mine" troubles. You know, your boss makes a promise to deliver something and you have to make it happen. They leave early and you stay late. You get a ticket, so now that isn't enough cash to buy groceries for the family. 
  • My personal favorite, the "open the door, step on the burning bag of crap" troubles. You're minding your own business, trying to do the right thing, and the next thing you know you find your self holding a nasty can of worms. You're coaching your sons baseball team and two parents get in an argument, that come to find out, has something to do with that time the thing happen that one year.  
Whatever the kind of trouble you are in, God can deliver you. Look to him and call on his name. 

Father, help us to look to you and call on you in the midst of all our troubles. Thank you for the countless times you have delivered me! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment