Monday, September 9, 2013

TEN YEARS,OR ONE YEAR TEN TIMES?

"In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who  lives on milk, being still and infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness." Hebrews 5:12-13  

Here is a tough question: Have you been a Christian ten years (or however long you have been a Christian) or one year ten times? 

The author of Hebrews lays it on the line and says that by that time in their Christian experience they should of been teaching someone else about the righteousness of God in Christ by faith that they were experiencing. Instead they were still struggling with the elementary truths of God's word again! 

Tell me this doesn't sound like most of the church today. I have to ask myself, does it sound like me? Ask yourself, does it sound like you? 

One of my mentors used to say, "I sleep good at night because I take advantage of the cross. Not abuse it, just accepting what Christ has done for me." My pastor yesterday reminded us that he always says at the beginning of the year that he will be surprised but God will not. So very true. 

The good news of the gospel is that Christ died for our sins and that when we accept that, when we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, we willed be saved (Romans 10:9-10). God is not surprised by anything that we go through. Think of it this way, he died for our sins - past, present and future. 

Now what does faith have for me today?

Father, thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you Jesus for being our righteousness. Help us to build upon the truth of righteousness by faith! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment