Thursday, September 19, 2013

"HOLD TIGHT, BUCKAROO, SHE'LL HOLD."

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."  Hebrews 6:19-20

God's purpose is to save us and mold us into the image of his Son, Jesus Christ. He does not change and he will do what he said he would do. So, no matter what goes on around us God is holding us on a steady course. 

I'm kind of a goof ball when it comes to some movies. One of my favorites is Buckaroo Bonzai. In the beginning of the movie he is trying to break the dimensional barrier using a jet powered Ford Bronco equipped with an oscillation overthruster.  He breaks off course and heads toward a mountain and the people who were not privy to his real plans are shouting into the mics to "Abort, Buckaroo, ABORT!" In the meantime his number one man is calmly telling him, "Hold tight, she'll hold." 

I get this picture in my mind sometimes when I think about what I perceive to be chaos around me. The world around me is shouting to forget trusting God. But, the Holy Spirit is gently telling me, "Hold tight, God has a hold of you." The truth that God is in control, anchors our soul. 

So, hold tight, God is in control.

Thank you, Father, for never changing and always being in control. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment