Sunday, September 8, 2013

THE ART OF REMAINING

"But I am like an olive tree
     flourishing in the house of God; 
 I trust in God's unfailing love
     for ever and ever." Psalm 52:8

My oldest son is a big LA Galaxy fan. I year ago when they won the championship he was given a piece of the field in a big baggie (which he was supposed to plant someplace). It's still in the bag and somehow hanging on. But, if you go to the now StubHub field where the Galaxy play the grass on the field is truly flourishing. 

That is a bit like us and our relationship with Christ. Sometimes we feel isolated and we're just hanging in there somehow surviving. Plant yourself where God has you and let him work, let God grow you where you are at. If he doesn't like where you are, he can move you. He can open doors and close doors, he can even move doors. 

Most importantly he can make you fruitful where you are at. Our job is to trust in him. Jesus told us in John 15:5, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." We just remain in him. He is faithful and he will keep us in him until the day he comes to take us home.

Father, help us to remain in you. May we be fruitful and flourish as we remain in you. Praise be to you in us today!


No comments:

Post a Comment