Thursday, September 5, 2013

GO ON IN! IT'S OK!

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

Our greatest need is to be right with God. Christ, our High Priest, allows us to enter into the presence of God without fear. So come on in!

Knowing that I am right with God, because of Jesus Christ, I can receive mercy and find grace to help me. Mercy is God not giving me what I do deserve. Grace is God giving me what I don't deserve. So, go on in and pray!

Everyday I need God's mercy and grace. In Christ I receive that mercy in grace. I also get to enter into the presence of the Father and ask for help with confidence. Go on in.

I think of David when I think of someone who boldly went before the Father.   "Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down; rescue me from the wicked by your sword" (Psalm 17:13). If you read the Psalms of David you see that he was very straightforward  you might say blunt, in his prayers. That confidence, knowing that God loves us and hears our prayers, is the confidence we can have when we pray. So, let's go on in and approach the throne of grace!

Father, help us to enter your presence with confidence. Thank you, Lord Jesus Christ, for being our High Priest and giving us access to the throne of grace! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment