Saturday, August 31, 2013

FIVE THINGS I NEED

"Create in me a pure heart, O God,
     and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 Do not cast me from your presence
     or take your Holy Spirit from me.
 Restore to me the joy of my salvation
     and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
 Psalm 51:10-12

Throughout my life, the seasons, the trials, the struggles, the ups and downs, there are  many things I need God's help and intervention with. These verses nail five of them. 

First, I need a pure heart. The world we live in constantly bombards us with things not of God. I always need to keep my heart pure and without the Holy Spirit renewing me, I will just spiral down.

Second, I need a steadfast spirit within me. I need God to constantly renew me from within to deal with all that confronts me.

Third, I need his presence. Knowing that the Holy Spirit is within me, even when I can not sense him, brings peace and assurance. 

Forth, I need the joy of salvation. If I forget that Christ died for my sins (past, present and future sins) I will loose the humility and joy that comes from knowing I am a sinner saved by grace.

Last, I need a willing spirit to sustain me. If I am unwilling I will always miss out on what God is trying to work out in my life which is all things for the good. 

Father, thank you for forgiveness and my salvation. Grant me purity, renew a steadfast spirit within me, keep me in your presence filled with your Spirit, restore to me the joy of my salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. Praise be to you in us today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment