Wednesday, August 28, 2013

BIG COURAGE

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
     do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
 I will strengthen you and help you;
     I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
 Isaiah 41:10

When I think of people I have know who have shown courage in their faith I am always reminded of a little lady from Uganda I met while attending Capernwray Bible School in England. She seemed so small and so fragile but, after talking to her I was blown away by her courage and faith.

She told me that while she, her husband and her sons were attend a home bible study the notoriously brutal Idi Amin's (Uganda) men barged into the house and told everyone to lay face down on the ground. They were warned to not look up or be shot! After 20-30 minutes someone finally looked up and said they were gone. All the men and boys were gone! Although she searched for them she never saw her husband or sons again. 

I asked her how she was able to move on from that. She told me that she did not know how, she only knew that God gave her the strength each day to make it through that day.  

Father, help us to courageously hold on to you by faith. Thank you for giving us the strength we need for today. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment