Saturday, August 24, 2013

GOD TO YOU: WHERE ARE YOU?

"Have mercy on me, O God,
     according to your unfailing love;
 according to your great compassion
     blot out my transgressions.
 Wash away all my iniquity
     and cleanse me from my sin."
 Psalm 51:1-2

Have you ever had someone tell you they were sorry for something and you said, "That's all right, forget about it"? We've all done that and probably had someone say that to us. The deal is that sometimes issues need to be dealt with and simply saying "That's all right, forget about it" can lead someone to believe that they can repeat the behavior. 

God is holy and he is perfectly just. Sin, my sin, your sin is not just swept under a rug, so to speak. In Christ Jesus our sins were not pushed out of view, the punishment was served by Christ. God, in his great  compassion knew that we could never right the wrong of our sins and so he sent his one and only Son to die in our place. Now we have eternal access to the Father through the Son. 

Way back in the garden of Eden the LORD God called out, "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9). He stills calls out to us in Christ, "Where are you?" God, the Creator of the Universe, sent his Son so that we can have a relationship with him. 

Father, thank you for your compassion. Thank you that Jesus died in my place that I can call you Father. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment