Friday, August 23, 2013

HOW HAS THE WORD CUT YOU?

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

The context of this passage is the middle of a call to obedience rather than disobedience, faith instead of unbelief and the supremacy of Christ as our Great High Priest. 

I worked under a few people about six out of the last eight years. One finally moved to another location and the other retired. They did some things and treated people in ways that are completely opposed to just about everything I believe. It is very hard to not speak about either of them without feeling some disgust and anger and maybe a bit of bitterness. 

For a while now when I speak about them I sense the Spirit of God convicting me to not let my anger motivate how I paint them verbally to whomever I am talking with. It's tough. Mostly, it boils down to me trusting God to work out all things for my good.

How has the Spirit of God used the Word of God in your life to lead and guide you? 

Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on us. Speak to our hearts and help us to act in obedience by faith. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment