Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FALLING FORWARD

"Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess." Hebrews 3:1

Remember the the story of Peter walking on the water toward Jesus (Matthew 14)? I think that is a great reminder and encouragement to me to fix my eyes on Jesus. He's walking toward Jesus, looking at Jesus but gets distracted by the wind! Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught Peter! 

Do you ever do that? Take a step of faith then realize you took a step of faith and begin to falter?  Of course, we all do.  Don't be discouraged, take Jesus's hand and let him lift you up.

To me one of Peter's strengths was that he always seemed to fall forward, toward Christ. Even when he denied Christ, he had followed him into the garden when everyone else took off. He fell forward, toward Christ. That is why I find Peter so encouraging. He fell. We all fall. But, I want to fall forward with my eyes fixed on Christ so that even when I stumble I will look up for Jesus's hand and he will be there to lift me up.

Father, help us to fix our eyes upon Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest whom we confess. Thank you for being there to lift us up when we fall. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment