Thursday, August 15, 2013

GOD THE BUILDER

"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." Hebrews 3:4

Before I began my career as an educator, one of the first jobs I had was in construction. So, when I enter a house I notice things like how the molding was finished in the corners or if the walls are plumb. I can't help it. My dad was a general contractor and he had some brothers who did his framing for a while. They were very good. Once when I came home from college my parents had moved into a new home built by his framers. I looked at the fireplace and asked him why it was off-center. Dad told my mom, "I told you he would notice!"  Normally a house built by that crew was pretty good. You could tell that a house built by them in comparison to someone whose motto was "close enough".

God is the builder of our lives. He knows how to put things together and how to fix things that are not right. Philippians 1:6 reminds us that, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Sometimes we forget that God is eternal and his plan for us is from eternity. Before we were born, before the world was created God knew what he would do with us. He knew he would send Jesus to die for our sins. 

The truth is that God is building my life and your life with expert craftsmanship, making us into the image of Christ Jesus. He is faithful, he will do it. 

Thank you Father, for building my life. Help me to abide in you as you abide in me, building my life. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment