Tuesday, August 13, 2013

THE CALL FROM HEAVEN

"Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess." Hebrews 3:1

Last week I attended a three day training along with several other teachers. There was a little common bond we developed over just those three days.  Now, back at work I know a each of the people in my group a little more than I did before. 

As Christians, we share in the heavenly calling. I am struck by the term "heavenly calling". In part, it is because of that calling that my relationship with Jesus has meaning. I think it is because we are supposed to focus on the eternal, not the temporal. From the throne of heaven itself we receive our calling to follow Jesus and live a life of faith. 

That calling is not alone. It is a shared calling. Shared with other believers the world over and the world next door. Shared with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Father, thank you for calling me to share in the heavenly calling to follow Jesus. Help me to walk in faith with my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. Help me follow in faith and to fix my eyes upon my Lord. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment