Friday, July 20, 2012

How do I live by faith?

Living by faith is one of those things that is a lot easier said than done. What does it mean to live by faith? Is living by faith just a mystical ideal that doesn't really come into contact with how you really live? 

Paul told the Corinthians that, "We live by faith, not by sight." II Corinthians 5:7

When Paul said that he was talking about trusting God through some exceptionally difficult real life circumstances. Sometimes marriage takes faith. Sometimes raising children takes faith. At each stage of my life I have had to trust God that He was Sovereign over everything and that He had me where He wanted me. I can not express how hard that has been. When I can't SEE what is going to happen, or SEE a way out, I feel overwhelmed. Paul said he at times felt perplexed. Have you ever wondered just what was God doing? 

Well, best as I can figure it, living by faith is learning to rest in the truth that God has unfailing love for me and is Sovereign over everything, even when I am perplexed.  I have worked for people who hate God therefore don't particularly like me. Yet, God has proven Himself to be Sovereign even over those who hate Him. So, I trust Him again.

Father, help us to live by faith, not by sight. Give us faith that You are Lord over our marriages, our children, our finances and our futures. We look to You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment