Wednesday, July 18, 2012

God is Merciful, Don't Lose Heart!

The simple truth is that God is merciful. 

"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart." II Corinthians 4:1

Because of His mercy, we have purpose. Because of his mercy God uses us. What is this ministry God has for you? Simply reflecting His glory, His image to this dying world. I was blessed to attend a Bible School in England for a year. I don't know why it was, but whenever I crossed the British border I was hassled every time. They would make me take everything out of my bag, dump it out and ask me all kinds of questions. After about the fifth time I was a bit miffed. So, when I sat down on the train to head back to school, I started complaining to the guy next to me about the English and how they were just jealous of Americans. I thought, because of the way he was dressed that he was an American. He asked me in a perfect British accent what I was doing in England. I mumbled (greatly embarrassed) that I was going to Bible School. I ended up sharing the Gospel with him for a long time. His basic question was, "What must I do to be saved?" God's mercy was to use me even though I was not really acting like a wonderful reflection of Him. God doesn't use us because we are good enough. He uses us because He is merciful. So, take heart! If He can use me, He can and will use you.

Lord, thank you for your mercy to us. Thank you that you use us despite ourselves. Show Your mercy through us to this world. Use me to bless someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment