Saturday, July 14, 2012

Be used by God, forgive...

Here is the deal my friends: We ALL need the forgiveness and grace of God. Sometimes we may need the forgiveness of someone we have sinned against. Your forgiveness could be the spiritual vehicle God wants to use in someone's life! That is what Paul is talking about in these verses. 

"Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him." II Corinthians 2:7-8

It would be easy to say we just need the forgiveness of the Father and in a sense that is true. But, in many ways the forgiveness that we show to others becomes that tangible witness to the reality of God that someone else needs. Quite frankly, often times, it is what I need! Paul goes on to link forgiveness with spiritual warfare in verses 10 -11. Unforgiveness is actually a scheme of Satan. 

Do you want to be used by God? Forgive as He has forgiven you.


Father, help me to forgive as You have forgiven me. Where I need to ask forgiveness, give me the courage. Use me as an agent of forgiveness today!

No comments:

Post a Comment