Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Be Considerate, Man

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
1 Peter 3:7 NIV

Be gentle. 
Be conscience of her womanhood.
Be appreciative, thankful.

These are the verses we discussed at a men's study I attend. The "Be's" are a few thoughts brought up. 

Most of us (men) struggle a bit with the idea of our wives being the weaker vessels because we see the strength God has given them. Frankly, my wife has to have a strong personality just to deal with me. I also think todays culture has empowered women in a completely different manner than in the past. But, the Bible is timeless and so is the truth that it teaches. So, I am sure weaker does not mean less than or inferior. 

I just know that I am supposed to love my wife like Christ loved the church. Peter says to respect her as the weaker partner. I think respect is a man word and has to do with value. I value that my wife loves our children attentively. I value that my wife washes the clothes. Now, that does not mean that I don't actively love our children and father them and it doesn't mean I don't help fold the clothes and put them away when I can. 

How do you think men should love and respect their wife? 
What is the women's part in receiving that love and respect?

No comments:

Post a Comment