Thursday, August 27, 2015

You Are Not Forgotten

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. 
Genesis 8:1 NIV

I think everyone has felt a bit forgotten at some time in their life. When David wrote Psalm 22 it was because he was feeling forsaken. Sure it is a prophetic Psalm, but, when David wrote it, he was feeling forgotten, forsaken. Do you think any of the Israelites felt forgotten during the captivity? Of course they did. But, God remembers.

I have not idea what you are going through you today. You may being going through some very tough times, a valley or desert experience. You might be waiting on God and everything is OK, but God just seems silent. Noah was in the ark over six months. But God remembered. 

Psalm 136:23 says, "He remembered us in our low estate. His love endures forever." I used to try to figure out why God does things the way he does. I can't. Some things are just above me. (A lot of things, actually.) What I can know is that God has unfailing love for me and is totally Sovereign over all things. Some trials seem to go on and on, but God remembers...

No comments:

Post a Comment