Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wake Up, Finish Up.

“To the angel of the church in Sardis write: 
   These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Revelation 3:1-3 NIV

Sometimes we don't need to be reminded that Jesus loves us or that God will work out everything for our good. We don't need to sit around until a nice warm-fuzzy hits us and we decide it's time to do something for Jesus. We just need to remember, he's not done and neither are we. The angel tells the church at Sardis, "I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God." Finish. 

Down deep inside you alone know what's going on. You know what you are supposed to do. Now listen. I'm not one of those people who believe everybody should be a missionary to the other side of the world (because then we'd just all be swapping places). But I do believe that you grow where you are planted. Where does God have you? Who does God have in your life? Finish living for Jesus where he has you. 

Somebody tell me what God wants them to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment