Friday, August 28, 2015

There it is, don't miss it.

The heavens proclaim his righteousness,
   and all peoples see his glory.
Psalms 97:6 NIV

Don't miss it! Pay attention. There it is.

Last night my wife pointed out a huge spider web right outside our front door. The deal is, I had walked right by it at least three times and didn't see it. We miss seeing things because we're just not looking. That's not a guilt trip, it's just a reality. 

Psalm 97 tells us that "The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all peoples see his glory." Proclaim, not proclaimed or will proclaim. See, not saw or will see. Right now the righteousness of God is being proclaimed and his glory is seen. Psalm 97 is a Psalm proclaiming that the LORD reigns and he is on his throne, exalted.

Yesterday, I was at a training for one of the responsibilities involved in my new position at work. We had to request approval for access to one of the district online areas. My boss approved it within a few minutes. May not seem like a big deal, but, I was feeling a bit insecure in my new position and that just gave me a little assurance that everything was OK. The Lord is still on the throne. 

God is working, we just don't always see it. Sometimes we don't see God working because we aren't looking. May the Spirit of God open our eyes to see his glory in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment