Thursday, August 20, 2015

That's Enough


                                                                       Revelation 22:18-21

I remember when I was a kid in Sunday School we used to sing, "The B-I-B-L-E
now that's the book for me
I stand alone on the Word of God
the B-I-B-L-E!

As I finish reading through the Bible and begin the journey again I am reminded of the how much truth that little chorus has. Because even though there is a pretty stern warning in the end of Revelation, there is a truth we sometimes miss and that is that God's Word is enough. All the truth we need is in the Bible. What we need to understand about ourselves, how we are to interact with God, others and even the world we live in is taught us in His word. God's going to win, Christ is coming back to set everything in order. 

There is a humility we should have when approaching the Bible. I shake me head in wonder when I hear or read about someone who thinks they can judge whether or not God is worthy by their standard they set up. God alone is Most High, the Almighty. He can take care of his word. He can take care of us. Everything we need for life and godliness is there in his word. He even tells us how this part of the story ends. That's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment