Thursday, July 2, 2015

He Meets Our Need

Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 
Hebrews 7:26 NIV

A few months ago I bought some hiking boots. They were low ankle style and a very good price. Since then I have used them several times and they don't quite meet my needs. Because they are a low ankle design I gather a lot of little rocks and things inside my shoes as I hike along. I think I need some hiking shoes that protect my ankles a bit more. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but, knowing Christ is not something we try and find out he doesn't quite meet our needs. He meets all our needs.

The author of Hebrews takes a great deal of time to explain the importance of Christ as our High Priest. I think it is very important that he reminds us that Christ meets our need. We don't come to him and suddenly realize he isn't enough. He is holy. He is our holiness. He is blameless, pure, set apart of sinners (us) and he is exalted above the heavens. His death on the cross, his intercession at the right hand of the Father, meets our need. 

Our need is to be reconciled with the Father, our Creator. Christ not only brings us back, but, he also keeps us. We are now part of the family, brought back home. He ever lives to intercede for us. He is right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment