Thursday, July 9, 2015

How do you make faith real?

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James 2:14-17 NIV

Talk is cheap. What I say doesn't mean much if my actions don't match up. James really hits it on the head with his example. Someone you know is without clothes and daily food and they are right in front of you. If the best you do is wish for them to keep warm and well fed but you don't DO anything, like give them some clothes and buy them some food, then your faith isn't real. 

If my faith doesn't lead me to action, then my faith is dead. So, my question, to myself and you is: How can we make our faith real? 

No comments:

Post a Comment