Friday, July 31, 2015

Are Your Ears Ready?

Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
Revelation 2:7 NIV

A friend of mine once told me that sometimes we're not ready to listen until we're ready to listen. But, you know, a lot of times our willingness to listen is more important than our comfort level. If you have ever tried to help someone who needed help but didn't think they needed help (or to change), you know what I mean. If you are like me, you've probably been that person. 

Being willing to hear what the Spirit is saying to you and respond in faith is the crux of our lives as Christians. I think it was Francis Schaeffer who said that at one point all Christianity is existential, meaning that it's what we do that makes our faith real. 

I know it's Friday. I realize it's the end of the week. Remember to take a moment and listen. What has the Lord been moving in your conscience to deal with, trust him with, obey him about? If the Spirit has something in your life, it's time, ready or not, to deal with it. The good news is that he that called you is faithful to work his will in you. 

What's on your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment