Monday, June 17, 2013

THE GOSPEL ON TWITTER/ Titus 2:11

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men." Titus 2:11

I was engaged with someone on Twitter the other day concerning God and why there is evil in the world. The guy was sort of arguing that evil in the world is really God, if you believe in God, so therefore how can one believe in a God who allows or commits evil. I just think that if a person is an atheist, who by definition doesn't believe in God, can't bring up something they don't believe exists. So, if someone ia an atheist and God is out of the equation, how do they explain evil, or good for that matter? 

Here's the deal: to this atheist, whom I do pray God reveals himself to, the grace of God is revealed to him, even on Twitter. I also Tweeted to him that my belief in God leads me to value him, even if he disagrees with me, because he (in my world view as a Christian) is created in the image of God, and was worth dying for. 

He of course avoided that and wanted to dialogue about why someone would believe in such a "fantastical" book. 

The grace of God that brings salvation appears to all men. Sometimes through some odd ways, but, God ordained nonetheless. I just pray that my interactions, however they may appear, will bring grace and salvation to all men.

Father, help us to always be ready to give a reason for the hope within us and give us wisdom at the moment we need it to know what to say and how to say it with grace. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment