Thursday, June 13, 2013

SERIOUSLY THOUGH.../ Titus 2:7-8

"In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us."
Titus 2:7-8

When I was just out of high school I attended Calvary Chapel's Bible School. It was at that time a very intense one semester course. Most of the teachers were in their mid to late twenties. At one point they kind of got into an unofficial competition of who could tell the best joke to "introduce" a lesson. At one point one of them got convicted because it became a distraction and took away from focusing on what they were supposed to be teaching and then  all became a bit more serious. Humor is a good, God given gift, but, it should not become the focus rather than the truth of the gospel. 

In my life I am concerned as a husband, father, coach and Scout parent/leader that my life shows integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech. What I say, how I say things and how I follow through with what I say is a direct reflection on my faith because my faith is shown by what I do. I can not tell my wife I love her yet be with someone else. I can not say I love my children yet give all my attention and time to other things. I, by faith, through the grace and power of Christ,  seek to live for Christ. 

We can with the Apostle Paul can be, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)

Father, thank you that you are always faithful, even when we fall short. Strengthen us to live with integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment