Tuesday, June 11, 2013

GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE AN EXAMPLE: Titus 2:7-8

"In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us." 
Titus 2:7-8

Sometimes the family will be watching something on TV and I will check the scores on my phone or my e-mail. My son will drift over and check to see if I am playing Angry Birds or Super Stickman Golf (and if I am he'll ask if he can play). The deal is that I am always being an example of something. Even if I am just relaxing, I am being an example  of how to relax. "Always being an example by doing what is good."

If your children have been involved in sports than I am sure you have seen the one parent who is out of control, verbally. Now, I can be very loud and shall we say "expressive", but, I still need to be godly, even watching sports. "Always being an example by doing what is good." I remember once when my daughter was pretty young and we were watching the Lakers in the playoffs. I think Shaq was loafing on a play so I yelled something at the TV and my daughter parroted me, yelling exactly what I yelled. I didn't cuss, but, it wasn't necessarily appropriate language for a three year old. "Always being an example by doing what is good."  

You know, I just pray that my actions are just naturally godly so that no matter what I'm doing, my children will be able to follow my example. That is why I need to seek Christ everyday. "Always being an example by doing what is good."

Father, make us and mold us into the image of Jesus Christ. May our faith in you produce daily living that glorifies you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment