Monday, June 24, 2013

STAY IN THE CHAIR! / Titus 2::13-14

"While we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that his very own, eager to do what is good." Titus 2:13-14

While we are waiting we don't remain stagnant. We are redeemed and purified. Our salvation isn't just about getting to heaven someday in the by-and-by when we die. No, now, while we wait, we redeem the time and seek to live pure and holy lives here on earth. 

When I was a kid I must have been the worst case scenario for every barber my parents took me too. I am very ticklish and I would squirm and wiggle every time the barber would touch my neck. It was torture for us both. Finally, my dad start cutting my hair and I just ended up with a butch - I believe now called the buzz cut. 

Believe it or not I am going to relate the wonderful process of God redeeming and purifying us (sanctifying us, if I may) to that of getting a haircut   The barber cuts our hair, but, we must remain in the chair and let him do his work. In a similar way, the Holy Spirit redeems us and purifies us, but, we must remain in Christ. Yes, sometimes we will be in some uncomfortable situations and we may squirm around a bit, but, we must remain in Christ and trust him to do his work within us. 

Lord, help us to remain in you as you work within us, redeeming and purifying us everyday. We wait for your blessed return. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment