Sunday, June 2, 2013

HELP IN THE FOG: PSALM 43:3-4

"Send forth your light and your truth,
     let them guide me;
 let them bring me to your holy mountain,
     to the place where you dwell.
 Then will I go to the altar of God,
     to God, my joy and my delight.
 I will praise you with the harp,
     O God, my God."
 Psalm 43:3-4

Have you ever driven in the fog? It doesn't matter what time of day  it is, if the fog is bad, you can lose sight of the lines on the road and next thing you know you are off the road. If you are driving in unfamiliar territory, then the problem is amplified! 

That's kind of what our Christian walk can be like sometimes, isn't it? We  sometimes find ourselves in a bit of a fog and we not only are we unsure of where we are going,  we are a little unsure of where we are even on the road at the present time. That is where our faith becomes real. 

I grew up in the mountains and we had a lot of fog. I knew the roads pretty well. One time a friend from college was driving and I was sitting shotgun going up the mountain. It was pretty foggy. I was telling him the whole way up, "left, right, big left...hard right". He was If I stopped telling him, he would slow down to nearly stopped. He would say, "Keep telling me what's coming up!" I knew the roads. It isn't just the Christ knows the roads of our lives, he sees the dangers and problems too. That is why we look to him to light our way and tell us the truth about life, abundant life. 

Look to Christ and his word. He will lead you and guide you on your way. His truth will protect you. When you can't see the end from your vantage point,or maybe even the road just ahead, trust in Christ, he does!

Father, send forth your light and your truth. Help us to trust in you! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment