Wednesday, June 5, 2013

FOUND TO BE SOUND: Titus 2:2

"Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance." Titus 2:2

I have been blessed that I have been in church ever since I can remember. Good, solid churches that believed in the Bible as the inerrant, inspired Word of God. Every now and then I will hear someone say something about God or the Bible and it just won't "sound" right. Sometimes I will have to check myself and make sure I am acting according to the truth found in the Bible. I attend a men's study (actually, I will go this morning). I need all the help I can get. It isn't just that I try to read my Bible on a daily basis, I try to do what it says. I am far from perfect, but, I must constantly realign myself with God. 

I am married and I have four children. I grew up in a family where no one ever felt the need to not tell you were wrong. I know that I am a sinner. My soundness as a Christian is wrapped in my faith in Christ. My soundness, your soundness is found in his grace, mercy and faithfulness.

Father, help us to be sound in our faith. Thank you for your grace, mercy and faithfulness. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment