Friday, August 31, 2012

Does perspective matter?

Perspective is more than just how you view the circumstances of your life, it is also acts like an inner compass that guides you as you make the choices that determine your life. The Apostle Paul ends his great epistle to the Galatians with the declaration that it is all about the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ! Paul's perspective, his guiding principle was that Christ died for him and therefore he died to the world.  That was Paul's boast! 
"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14 
What should our "boast" be? The same as Paul's. There will be all kinds of spiritual fads. There will be a plethora of teachers teaching things that people either want to hear or just like to hear, not necessarily what they need to hear. I recently joined Facebook. Because of the type of people I have friended I get a lot of little "inspirational" posting. It is not that I think these things are of the devil, I just do not see them as mature. "Liking" a post is not a spiritual act.

My question is whether I am dying to the world in a way that my wife and children can notice or be positively affected by or not. 

May you perspective be centered on the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ. He died for you so you may live by faith in Him.

Father, may your Holy Spirit infuse us with the knowledge of the cross of Christ. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment