Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What You Need.

There is a story of a very wealthy person who wanted to purchase a Rolls-Royce and he wanted to know the horsepower of the engine. When he asked he was told, "Adequate." The wealthy man pressed and asked again. He asked several times and was told that for all the circumstances and uses he would have for the car its' horsepower was adequate. 

The apostle Paul was given a thorn in his flesh to keep him humble and he pleaded with God three times to take it away and he was told, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (II Corinthians 12:9) What was Paul's response? He declared, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (II Corinthians 12:9-10) 

You see, when I realize that it is not about me, it is about Christ's power in me, I in that sense can get out of the way of God in my life. When I realize I can not do something, then I can see that it is God at work in my life.

What is going on in your life? What hardships, insults and difficulties are you going through? The good news: God's grace is sufficient for you and me. 

Father, as we live and move and have our being, we trust in You, that Your grace would be sufficient. Pour out Your grace upon us. Praise be to You in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment