Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Give what you have and receive all that God has.

As a parent it is very rewarding to hear your children tell you they love you and especially cool when they sincerely thank you for something you did for them. That, is reaping and sowing. Our verse for the day, II Corinthians 9:6, expresses it this way, 
"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."
There several ways I can sow with my life. I can sow my time, my energy, and as this passage deals with, my money. In verse 7 Paul reminds us to give cheerfully. Remember to live by faith in His grace, not under the law. I am going to ask myself and you these questions: 
  1. What can I give and do with my time for the kingdom of God?
  2. What can I give my energy to for the kingdom of God?
  3. What can I give financially to and for the kingdom of God?
Verse 8 encourages to act in faith by saying, "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." I heard someone say that prosperity is having a little more than you need. Think about that and may God prosper you. 

Father, help us to cast our bread, our time, energy and money upon the waters of Your kingdom as we seek to know You and make You known. Praise be to You in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment