Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Am the Worst

Attitude is everything. When the apostle Paul was encouraging his protege Timothy he gave him this bit of advice about how he should see himself.
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners -  of whom I am the worst." I Timothy 1:15
I work in education and there is nothing worse than some young kid with about 5 years (at best) experience acting like they know everything about teaching. Zeal without the knowledge of experience incarnate. But, when someone speaks with humility,  a funny thing happens. I tend to listen. When it comes to dealing with my daily walk with God,  I don't care to hear someone who thinks they have spiritually arrived. Why? Because I know that not only is perfection only found in Christ, it is not what I am expected to attain. (If you believe in sinless perfection read I John 1 & 2.) I am called to live by faith. I do seek to be holy. I, like everyone else, fail. I am then reminded of the unfailing love of God in Christ Jesus for me. 


Christ Jesus, thank you that you came into this world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment