Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You Are Good Enough

One of the really fun things about being a father is coaching your child's sports team. Last season I managed my sons' baseball team. What was funny was kids coming up during the middle of a playoff game asking if they could pitch. One boy asked who couldn't even throw it all the way to home plate. He meant well. He wanted to be able to throw that ball and strike out the side. He just could not do it. One boy was a great catcher. He wanted to pitch too. When he pitched it was not good. When he was a catcher, he did very well. Well, trying to walk by faith is sort of like kids playing baseball. Sometimes we try to throw the ball all the way to home plate and it dies about half way there. When we try to be good enough, when we rely on our own righteousness, we just are not good enough, never will be. Paul said,
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
When we learn to live by faith, we learn to die to ourselves. We realize it is not about being good enough, it is about realizing that in Christ God made us good enough already. Now, just live in that truth. 

Father, thank You for making us righteous in Christ. Thank You for Your mercy and grace. Bring Your mercy and grace through us to the world around us. Praise be to You in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment