Monday, August 6, 2012

Who Get's the Glory?

If your like me, you have been following the Olympics. Last night the 100 meter dash was playing. My oldest son, who ran track in High School and College said, "The shorter the race, the bigger the ego." Usain Bolt was dominant. The news today said he was not to happy about standing in line to enter the stadium to run and being asked to line up straight. Yes, you are the fastest sprinter, but, in England you must queue up like everyone else.   Before God, it doesn't matter who you are. We still all are the same before the throne of grace. 
"But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends." II Corinthians 10:17-18
Paul was dealing with glory hogs. You know the kind, people who love the limelight, always take the credit for everything. Remember Moe from the Three Stooges, "Great idea, glad I thought of it." There seems to be at least one in every work place and in every group. When that little personal pronoun, "I", starts showing up too much, it is time to refocus on Christ. Paul's point was that God's commendation is what we are to seek, not man's. That is why in II Corinthians 11:30-31 he says, "If I must boast, I will boast of things that show my weakness. The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying." Paul said that it was God who is to be praised forever, not man. What is the point? Seek to be commended by God. The goal is that one day we will hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Father, we look to You and Your approval. Use us today to glorify You. Praise be to You in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment