Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Don't miss the most important...

Sometimes we get caught up in the peripheral distractions of life and miss the real value. 
"But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galatians 5:5-6
There are a lot of things that go on and in and around our lives. As a parent I want to be involved in my children's lives as much as possible, so, I try to volunteer with most of the activities they participate in. I coach, manager, den lead and whatever else I can. Well, I remember one time my youngest son was acting a little down at a soccer game. I went over to him and he kicked me the ball. I kicked it back and after a few minutes I encouraged him to get ready to get back in the game and he said, "I just want to kick the ball with you." That was a big reminder that what is important is my relationship with my son. If I do everything else yet don't kick the ball with my son, I missed the point.

As a Christian, there are a lot of things that I try to do. Read the Bible, pray, go to church and try to be involved. But, if I don't show love by what I do, I missed the point.

Father, help us to express our faith by acts of love. Praise be to you in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment