Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What We Have to Give

Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. When all the people saw him walking and praising God, 
Acts 3:6-9 NIV

The crippled beggar was hoping for money. Peter, didn't have money, but, what he did have was far better. What Jesus gave Peter, and I believe Jesus gives us, is the authority to restore people in His Name! II Corinthians 5:18 tells us that, "All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Chris and gave us the ministry of reconciliation." When you see someone in need, you give them, in Jesus' Name, what you have. 

One time, I was walking down town when a homeless man came up to me and asked for some money. I didn't have any on me. I asked him if he new who Jesus Christ was and immediately his eyes cleared up and he told me that he used to walk with Jesus but he had chose to do some bad things and he ended up there on the streets. I happened to have a little copy of the New Testament and Psalm in my back pocket. It actually was a pretty nice leather bound one that I received when in college, so it had a sentimental value to me. I ended giving it to him and praying with him right there in the middle of downtown LA. 

The point is that just at the mention of Jesus' Name the mans complete countenance changed. I am not sure what happened to him, but I know he remembered how much God loved him and wanted to restore him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment