Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Encouragement of Hardships

Strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said. 
Acts 14:22 NIV

This is not what some seem to preach these days. I hear a lot about asking for what I want, not what God wants. I see much about Christianity for success and prosperity, rather than righteousness and being a servant. 

According to Paul and Barnabas we need to be concerned about being true to the faith and hardships will be the tests that lead us to the kingdom of God.  I know this is true, yet I am often caught off guard when I encounter hardship, as if it was unexpected. This verse reminds me that hardships are part of the process. I need to be faithful and remain true to the faith. 

Lord, help me to remember that hardships are neither punishment or failure, rather, they are pathways to the kingdom of God. Strengthen me that I may remain true to the faith, true to you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment