Thursday, March 12, 2015

God Rescues: a Psalm and a Prayer

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
   let me never be put to shame.
In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me;
   turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge,
   to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
   for you are my rock and my fortress.
Deliver me, my God,  
   from the hand of the wicked,
   from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel.
Psalms 71:1-4 NIV

Lord, you are our refuge, we look to you in times of trouble. It is not by our righteousness that we seek victory, but by yours. Rescue us and deliver us from the evil that seeks to destroy us. Give us wisdom and discernment to deal with those who seek only to satisfy their desires. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment