Thursday, March 26, 2015

God Uses You As You

Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”
Acts 26:28-29 NIV

Wow! What an incredible statement! Paul's passion and commitment are both inspiring and intimidating to me. Inspiring in that I want to have that kind of relationship with Christ that I can tell someone that I want them to become like me. Intimidating because I feel that I so often fall short of that ideal. Do you know what I mean?

The truth is that while we may not be Paul we are who God created us to be. Ourselves. We may not stand before kings but, we stand before our family, co-workers and friends and that is who God has called us to be a witness of his love and forgiveness in Christ. 

My father thought God could not use him when he first gave his life to Christ. He firmly believed he was not worthy and was not good at witnessing and didn't know the Bible well enough and didn't know how to pray and... You get the point. God thought differently. What was funny was there was this string of people who basically asked him, "What must I do to be saved?" I knew some of those men. They would of never listened to a pastor or preacher or set foot in a church. They saw a change in his life and wanted some of whatever had changed him. 

My point is that God calls each of us to be a witness to different people. He calls us first to who he puts before us. So, who is God placing before you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment