Monday, March 23, 2015

Word of the Day: Faithfulness

I will praise you with the harp
   for your faithfulness, my God;
I will sing praise to you with the lyre,
   Holy One of Israel.
My lips will shout for joy
   when I sing praise to you—
   I whom you have delivered.
Psalms 71:22-23 NIV

I started reading through the Psalms on a daily when I was in college. I did it with the purpose of finding attributes of God to meditate on and remember throughout the day to help me to not be anxious. Every time I would start to feel anxious I would just repeat to myself the word/attribute of the day. 

Each season of my life has brought on new challenges to my faith. Each time I must seek God anew and learn to trust him. The difference is now, I look back and even though I didn't see how God could bring me through, I remember the times he did. His faithfulness is new everyday. 

Father, thank you for your faithfulness! Thank you that even if we are faithless, you remain faithful (2 Timothy 2:13)! Help us to rest in you today, knowing that even though we can't see how we know who will bring us through. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment