Friday, March 20, 2015

Aim to Finish

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24 NIV

I teach middle school and sometimes I need to remind some students why they are in school. They often act as if it's just a social gathering where they can hang out with their friends. I remind them that the real reason they go to school is to get an education.

If you notice I didn't write receive because that's passive. To truly learn students need to actively participate in the process. Isn't that like our Christian experience? To truly know Christ we need to be actively involved in knowing Christ. Like Paul we need to aim to finish the task the Lord Jesus has given us. Run the race today. Be godly at home. Be godly at work. Work hard and give the glory to God. If any opportunity opens up to share anything about Jesus, take it. You don't have to have an altar call, just share what is fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment